While we’re almost a month removed from meaningful Vikings football, there is no shortage of topics of conversation surrounding the team as the offseason activities begin to ramp up. Chris Schad, who writes for Bring Me The News, Zone Coverage, and The Viking Age, was kind enough to have me on his Homer Horn Podcast Tuesday night to talk about some of the biggest storylines looking forward to 2021.
Some of the topics we covered:
- How the offense performed in 2020 and how they need to improve going forward (yes, the offensive line was mentioned)
- Kirk Cousins and the future of the quarterback position for the Vikings
- The options for third wide receiver in 2021
- What to do with Riley Reiff, Ezra Cleveland, and the rest of the offensive line next year
- How much will the returns of Danielle Hunter and Michael Pierce solve for the defense?
- Who will be the three-technique defensive tackle?
- The future (or lack thereof) of Anthony Harris on the Vikings
- What the secondary might look like in 2021. Is drafting another corner in the first round actually a good idea?
You can listen to the entire 45-minute conversation below; it was a really fun show that covered a vast array of issues. Thanks again to Chris for having me on.